Marco Chelo's Resume
I’m an entrepreneurial, engaging, and goal oriented manager, information technology specialist, and new media consultant with extensive business experience both in the United States and abroad. I have worked and excelled in various industries including travel, insurance, government, internet, music and the entertainment sector. During the last five years I worked as an information technology specialist for the New York State Insurance Fund, in addition I founded The New York Jazz Workshop, a music school dedicated to promoting jazz education to people of all ages. I also create, host, and maintain web sites for non-profit organizations and small business. I’m an active musician, enjoy sports such as yoga, skiing, sailing, and I like to cook and spend time with my wife and two kids.
June 2007 to present. New York State Insurance Fund, New York, N.Y.
Information Technology Specialist II
- Supervisor of a three-person team assisting 420 users for the Metro 90 department.
- Responsible for user’s software and hardware issues.
May 2005 to May 2007. New York State Insurance Fund, New York, N.Y.
Information Technology Specialist I
- Responsible for the users and the equipment in the administration department. Responsibilities included: assisting users with various Oracle based applications, creating office documents (spreadsheet and presentations), troubleshooting workstation and printers, imaging machines, setting up service calls to various vendors, and maintaining inventory.
- Worked on web development, consulting with executives on web technology issues.
September 1999 to May2005. ODMINC.COM, Internet Agency, New York, N.Y.
- Act as project manager coordinating work between programmers, designers and client in the creation of web-based applications.
- Worked as business analyst with clients to gather requirements.
- Wrote development specifications using various tools such as UML, Viso and Microsoft Project.
- Created the architecture for mission critical web-based e-commerce and B2B applications.
- Secured new clients including financial, energy, publishing and pharmaceutical industries, as well as non-profit organizations.
- Managed the company’s hardware and software infrastructure and acted as network administrator installing, troubleshooting and maintaining NT & Win 2000 servers as well as 15 workstations running multiple operating systems.
August 1986 to September 1999.Viaggiare Network, Rome, Milan ,and New York
Owner / Director of Operations
- Took a $2 million travel company based in Rome and expanded to Milan and New York, creating the 4th largest Italian travel agency chain, before selling the firm when revenues reached $10 million per year.
- Created a network of over 100 affiliates with access to Viaggiare’s proprietary database of discounted travel services.
- Designed the software for travel agents to search discounted air fares and created business partnerships that provided necessary hardware to agents free of charge.
- Managed staff of 20, developed tour packages, brochures, advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Traveled extensively worldwide selecting resorts for travel packages and negotiating with international vendors.
Computer platforms : SABRE, DOS, Windows server 2003 , Windows XP and Mac operating systems.
Software applications: MS Office Suite, Macromedia Dream Weaver, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Flash and Aftereffects Symantec PC-anywhere, Symantec Norton Antivirus enterprise edition, Adobe Photoshop, Quick Books, Visio, Ms-Project.
Network Administration : TCP/IP, IIS , FTP protocol, hardware and software installation, and troubleshooting.
Business administration : Excellent managerial and administrative skills.
Coursework: Assisting Users in a Windows XP environment, Citrix metaframes
Italian : Native tongue - French: Conversational - Spanish: Conversational
EDUCATION: SUNY, Empire College, 2009 - B.S. in Business Administration.